Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dream


I was in my family home and as I looked out the window, gunshot erupted between some men. A bullet hit me in the neck and lodged there. I didnt feel it at first and a short time later realized it was there. I knew I should get mrdical attention and told my mom. She said I didnt need help and besides, the ER was too expensive. I asked for help from other family members and got the same response. Most of them however didnt even hear me at all. I tried to help myself by calling 911 but got a sex line instead. My friends came by and didnt think anything was wrong with me. I yelled for the neighbors because I was feeling weak, sick, and my heart was slowing down. They either werent home or didnt hear me. One person, sick of hearing me talk about my wound, chased me into the field trying to put me down like a sick animal. I survived and walked back to the house where I called 911 again because I knew the end was near. My heart was hardly beating at all and my skin had turned green from the sepsis from the festering bullet. Their was an ambulance for someone else outside and I struggled to get out there to get its attention. I collapsed at the closed back door of the vehicle. Just as I collapsed I glimpsed my ambulance coming for me in the distance. And I saw that everyone finally realized the seriousness of my condition, but it was too late.
I have dreams like this most nights. There is no relief from it even at night. Its always a different story with the same message.

No comments:

Post a Comment